12/05/2008

My first Holly day

WOW i've just had my first holly day! They are just the bestest things ever! I've asked mum if we can go again coz i think she'd like to go too.

we went over to the Isle of Wight - i absolutley love riding in the car but really didn't like the floaty car thing you have to go on - made me feel very sick as it moved with no bumpy bits...not sure about that at all.
But did like the fact that my mate Ambrose could come too... so we had loads of cliff top walks where i could lay in the grass and ambush him - he's a 10yr old Retriever so he doesn't run very far so i have to run on ahead and pounce on him - really improved my pouncing skills! Not sure about the attention he keeps paying me (mum says i'm going to have to stay away from him at certain times when i get bigger) but it was fun to share my squeaky fish with him.
i met loads of dogs out there including my big pal Louie - he's a munsterlander and was only 9 months and 50 kilos - mum says i wont get that big but he was very funny when he bounced about playing with me!!






And joy of joys i got to eat seaweed!! Its very crunchy and salty but quite nice...dad took me to the sea and i wasn't sure of the waves at first but did my water digging trick and then was very wet so didn't care... Shame we can't run on the beach all year and was very frustrated that some beaches were now shut til September - i wonder what they do with them in the meantime...



When i got back i was still feeling very adventerous that i didn't want to go to bed at all so hid in the kitchen when mum went out of the room....... (piccy is fuzzy coz mum said she was laughing) i tried to blend in with the colour of the walls and hide behind her pc bag!




But she saw me and i had to go back to my crate....not fair coz on holiday i was allowed on the bed! Mum said that it would be a problem but Dad said i'd know the difference between holly day and home.....nice one dad!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sis your first holly day! Sounds like great fun. I haven't heard any mention of holly days only kennels for two nights when they go to Mum's brother's wedding in the summer. Don't think Mum is too happy about it, she says it is the first time in 12 years of having vizslas that she has ever had to put us precious gingers into kennels. She thinks her bro is very inconsiderate for not getting married last year!

So far I'm great travelling in cars too & haven't been sick once. Dad says I love my grub so much I don't want to part with it! Which could be true because I gobble up everything & meal times is just about the only time I bark - 'hurry up and get it in the bowl I'm starving'!

Love Bennet

Delilah and Rocket said...

What a fun adventure you had! You're a dashingly beautiful pup. Keep up the trix

Charlie said...

Sounds like you had a fab time on hollyday - I have heard rumours that I am going on one too - but ON a boat. I agree that those weird floaty things just aren't right AT ALL. So I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

mmmmm, seeweed .... *drool*